Thursday, September 21, 2006

the Waiting place

I do believe Dr. Suess described waiting best.
"headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.

The Waiting Place...

...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a sting of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting."
from "Oh the Places You'll go"


That is truly one of the most tiresom things you will ever have to do, wait.
I am normaly rather good tempered about waiting, especialy when it is in the context of something such as a doctors visit.
I'd much rather be early and have to wait, than be perfectly on time and have to rush.
It is only when waiting encroches on my existence that I detest it.
When waiting is all that I do for a month, as I have for the start of school, it is simply intolerable.
or if not intolerable, greatly stressing. I have less trouble existing in a "high stress" busy environment than in one in which all there is for me to do is wait.
I am starting on 15 years of education of one form or another, I would like to get started as soon as I can.
If there were more to do, relevant to my future existence, I would be fine, but once I am accepted and everything is squared away, what am i to do. I certainly can't start studying for classes, and i've already spend hours upon hours researching what i'm going to do after I graduate, why must we start so late.

on a happier note, tomorow I begin my move.
My departure from my childhood home,
and my thankful leaving of this place in which I felt so stifled and constrained.
finaly the day I've hoped for for most of my existence is coming.
and there is no way it will not live up to my expectations
because my expectations are rather simple
I expect that it will be someplace that is not here.

No comments: