Monday, January 05, 2009

Things are calm, is this the eye of the storm?

There are plenty of things I could write about. My day was eventful, and it brought about a lot of thoughts. Despite the wealth of topics my day suggests, I'm more interested in writing about something else entirely.

First I'd like to note that Innate no longer means anything. I found this out in a class today. There is no such thing as something which is innate. The word has no meaning.

Second. I near typed the world has no meaning. The reason I mention this is because the more I look at things the more I feel that may be the case. There are things about the world that are of worth, but suggesting some greater meaning seems to me a naive assumption.

I'm not feeling particularly down, and this bit of existential doubt isn't rooted in a depression or anything. That has at times been the case. The odd thing about right now is the fact that everything feels well. Things are going well for me for the most part. There are issues I have to deal with I'd rather be done with, Primarily finances, but those aren't weighing heavily on me.

The problem I'm having is that I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm expecting something to go horribly wrong. I'm expecting my best efforts to not be good enough. It's hard to enjoy one of the best stretches of time in recent memory when I'm worried it will devolve into one of the worst.

The point is that I'm due for some issues to be popping up, and that they haven't is worrying.

I have some business I need to take care of tomorrow, and am looking forward to that. I haven't any serious issues to worry about right now. I feel like everything is under control. I just have to get past this eerie feeling that is remarkably like the beginning of a horror film.

No comments: